West Lafayette, IN
Pay Less Grocery is now hiring a Store Clerk.
We offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits, and room for advancement. Pay is up to $11.10/hr with proven experience.
In this position you’ll have an opportunity to help customers make healthy meal choices and educate them about organic produce, meat, and seafood options. You'll help customers see food in a fresh, new way every day and know that you’re making a difference by making the world a little healthier, one customer at a time.
• Must have a friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor.
• Must have sound judgement and decision-making skills.
• Promote and deliver a shopping experience focused on providing customers with efficient service through hands-on knowledge of all department products.
• Assist with customer special orders, provide product information and location, and answer department calls.
• Receive fresh and pre-packaged deliveries, ensure piece count and invoice match, check expiration dates, and follow security procedures; process invoices properly and ensure proper pricing in all systems.
• Maintain working knowledge of all department equipment.
• Assist with product production, packaging, presentation, rotation and replenishment.
• Assist in marking down old product.
• Ensure in-stock position of available product.
• Gain/maintain product knowledge and proficiency in ordering; maintain proper stock levels, order and maintain processed and pre-packaged product and maintain knowledge of product specials.
• Utilize accomplished selling skills in order to secure additional sales and use suggestive selling techniques to increase sales of product during sales events.
• Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, including washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and take initiative.
Pay Less opened their first store in 1947 in Anderson, Indiana. Today we have a total of 7 Pay Less stores located in Anderson and West Lafayette, Indiana. Pay Less is known for their support of the communities they serve.
Apply in person or online with your resume. Please include your zip code. Click the "Apply now" button for the addresses of our stores.